Monday, 20 March 2017

Sorrow as final year student kills himself at LAUTECH

Sorrow as final year student kills himself at LAUTECH

Few days to his exam, Adesoji Adediran, a final year student of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) took his life

- Adediran was in the department of Urban and Regional Planning
- He reportedly hung himself in the school hostel, on Sunday, March 19
A final year student of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology in Ogbomosho, Oyo state, Adesoji Adediran, was found dangling from a rope on Sunday, March 19.
                                      Sorrow as final year student kills himself at LAUTECH
Sorrow as final year student kills himself at LAUTECH
He was found by his roommates, who had been away for a night study. They returned in the morning to find his corpse dangling from the ceiling.
According to Punch Metro, the school management was said alerted, and the information was sent to the Owode police division.
It was policemen from the division that removed the remains.
The corpse was said to have been deposited in a mortuary for autopsy.
A classmate of the victim, who asked not to be identified, said Adediran’s remains were found around 5.30am.
He said: “He has two roommates. The roommates went for a night study on Friday. When they returned to the room on Saturday, they discovered that he had hanged himself with a cable. Nobody has an idea why he killed himself.”
Sorrow as final year student kills himself at LAUTECH
Sorrow as final year student kills himself at LAUTECH
A close friend of the victim, who also spoke on condition of anonymity, expressed surprise at Adediran’s death.
He said: “As his friend, what pained me most was that we still played together on Friday night. He never opened up to me. We asked him to go with us for the night study, but he said he preferred to stay behind. Around 5.30am when we returned, we found his corpse. He was almost done with his final year project and he never complained of anything. We are a clique and we eat together; it was all fun, until we found his corpse.”
He described the deceased as “funny and lively”, saying Adediran couldn’t have suffered from depression.
He said the police from the Owode division removed the corpse from the room.
Stressing that the police took statements from the roommates, which were later withdrawn by the deceased’s parents, who insisted on not pursuing any case due to the nature of the death.
The parents also objected to the idea of holding a candle-light procession in his honour, saying they wanted him to “rest in peace.”
This is just as tributes have continued pouring in from friends of the victim on Facebook.
A friend, who identified himself as Horlarholu Xarmoohel Cartel, said the late Adediran was a fan of the Chelsea Football Club.
He said, “Adesoji, can’t believe my eyes when I saw adieu in your name. I don’t know this is what you mean when you said, ‘I am not coming to class again,’ after we sat for a test last week. Haa! SOJ, the best Chelsea fan I ever knew; the best record keeper who doesn’t need Google before he tells you history of football. Already missing you bro, can’t get hold of myself since I heard about your death. I know God knows best.”
                                 Sorrow as final year student kills himself at LAUTECH

Another friend, Adepeju Babatudne, wrote, “Hmmm, I saw him and Tayo (bestie) beside my hostel cracking jokes with friends when we finished that test. I even accused him of not coming for the test, but he replied, ‘I came nah…’ I don’t even know what to write right now because I know what you passed through when we were in 200 level, but why now? Rest on dear.”
When contacted, an official of the school said the management was not aware of the incident.
He, however, promised to get back after contacting a director in the school. He had yet to do so as of press time.
The Oyo state police spokes person, DSP Ajisebutu Adekunle, said: “The deceased killed himself by hanging from a ceiling fan. He didn’t leave any note. The case is under investigation. Meanwhile, the corpse has been deposited at LAUTECH morgue for autopsy.”

 

 

Chaos in Biafra camp, as Nnamdi Kanu dissociates himself from new Radio Biafra

Chaos in Biafra camp, as Nnamdi Kanu dissociates himself from new Radio Biafra in America

 

The Biafran struggle has been expanded to America by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), through radio broadcast

- Leonard Anemene, a leader of the organization, discloses that the maiden edition of its broadcast will be aired on Sunday, March 19, 2017
- The expansion seem to be without the blessing of Nnamdi Kanu
- The embattled leader of the IPOB says he knows nothing of the development
Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), has dissociated himself and his deputy, Uche Mefor, from a live broadcast of Radio Biafra slated for this Sunday, March 19, in the Unites States of America.
                                     Chaos in Biafra camp, as Nnamdi Kanu dissociates himself from new Radio Biafra in America
Chaos in Biafra camp, as Nnamdi Kanu dissociates himself from new Radio Biafra in America
Premium Times reports that the IPOB leader who spoke through his lawyer, Ifeanyi Ejiofor, in a telephone conversation with newsmen on Sunday, said he was aware but did not give permission for the launch.
Radio Biafra was slated to go on air live in the USon Sunday. This was disclosed by Leonard Anemene, a leader of the organisation, in a statement issued on Friday, March 17.
Mr. Anemene noted that if not for some challenges, the project would have been out earlier.
He however, failed to disclose the exact location where the station will be operating from.
“Radio Biafra has approval and authorization to set up in America according to the U.S. laws,” Mr. Kanu said on Sunday.
“But neither me nor my deputy, Uche Mefor, gave approval for it to go on air today in America,” the IPOB leader stressed.
Kanu is currently being tried by the federal government for treason based on his formation of IPOB, establishment of Radio Biafra, and his call for a sovereign Biafran state.
Meawhile, IPOB through its spokesperson, Emma Powerful, say it is positive that their embattled leader will be set free on Monday, March 20.
In a statement by the scribe, the IPOB says it expects the Justice Binta Nyako-led court to quash the remaining charges against Kanu and others because they are innocent.
IPOB also urged Igbos from all section of life to show solidarity by storming the Federal High court to witness the likely release of Kanu and others.
The statement reads: “The court case that is coming up this Monday in the Federal High Court, Abuja is between our leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and federal government of Nigeria on the concocted charge of treasonable felony without proof or evidence.
“Nigeria has the dubious distinction of being the only contraption on earth where those that hold opposing views to that of the government are locked up on the grounds of being treasonous yet no single evidence to back up the claim."

senator Dino Melaye in certificate scand

Bigger troubles await Dino Melaye, the senator representing Kogi West at the National Assembly following a revelation that he never graduated from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria as is being claimed.
                                          Senator Dino Melaye in certificate scandal
Senator Dino Melaye is an ally of Senate President Bukola Saraki
Melaye, who is known for his controversial stand on national issues as well as a lasting political battle with his former friend and governor of Kogi state, Yahaya Bello, recently alerted Nigerians that there were plans to carry fictitious allegations against him.
Melaye thinks this move was being planned to get him to face the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) because he was a major factor that stood against the confirmation of Ibrahim Magu as chairman of the anti-corruption organisation.
Sahara Reporters is confirming that Melaye never graduated from the department of geography from ABU.
The report also claims that the DSS was alerted over this but that the security agency covered it up and allowed the man blossom.
“At least three exam officers at ABU, Zaria insists that @dino_melaye never graduated from geography department, DG DSS alerted but covered it up,” the report said.
They said Dino's name was not on graduation list and further accused him of bribing his head of department.
we got  reports that Dino Melaye graduated with a Bsc in geography from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria adding that about 30 undergraduates are currently enjoying scholarship under his education empowerment fund.

medical doctor jumps into Lagos lagoon, kills self

A man who is believed to be a medical doctor has reportedly taken his own life by jumping into the Lagos lagoon at the Third Mainland Bridge.
 the incident occurred on Sunday, March 19, 2017.
Medical doctor jumps into Lagos lagoon, kills self
Rescue operation at the scene of the incident
The report said the alleged medical doctor was driven to the spot in his Nissan SUV. He stopped the driver with the excuse that he wanted to check something on the body of the car.
The unsuspecting driver reportedly stopped only for the man to jump into the lagoon.
PM NEWS corroborated the reports adding that the man, while being driven, was receiving a call when he suddenly asked his driver to stop.
"The driver of the SUV was quoted as saying that the man asked him to stop, came out of the vehicle and jumped into the Lagoon on Third Mainland Bridge," the report said adding that the incident occurred between Adekunle and Adeniji end of the bridge.
The driver and the SUV have been taken to the police station while officials of the Lagos state Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) and security officers are currently at the scene to retrieve the body of the victim.

Saturday, 11 March 2017


 
 
 
•Victor and Ahmed
On March 3, 2017, 20-year-old Precious Victor, a barman at King’s Bar located at Anifowose, Mushin area of Lagos, realised that he had had enough.
He said he needed to get out of the job 
But first, he had to force his boss, Mr. Tajudeen Oso, to give him some money.
“All I wanted to do was to threaten him a little, get N63,000 from him and run away,” he said.
According to him, he realised he could not carry out the plan alone, so he enlisted the help of one of his friends, Kelechi, and another acquaintance, a customer named Ahmed.
But Victor said things went terribly wrong with their plan. By evening of that day, his boss, Oso, lay dead.
The man had been stabbed twice in the stomach. He bled to death on the premises of his bar.
Faced with the horror of their deed, Kelechi fled. Victor also fled in a car driven by Ahmed.
On Friday, as they were paraded before journalists at the Lagos State Police Command Headquarters, Victor and Ahmed, who were apprehended after fleeing, explained how the incident went down.
Victor said, “I live in an accommodation on the premises of the bar. Kelechi lives with me as well. I was actually introduced to my boss (the victim)by Kelechi’s boss. We discussed the plan and when Ahmed, whom I had known as a regular customer, came to the bar to drink on Friday, I also told him about the plan and he said he was interested.
“The plan was only to threaten my boss, and tell him we needed N63,000. We had no intension of killing him.
“That day, I was hiding in the kitchen when Kelechi put our plan in motion. But something went wrong. He hit my boss in the head with a bottle. When I heard noise, I came out. My boss then said, ‘Precious, you people want to kill me?’ I said no but he came towards me and bit me in the stomach. He was dragging me and would not let go.
“Kelechi was dragging him so that he could free me but when he did not, Kelechi took a knife and stabbed him twice in the stomach.”
Victor refused to say what he wanted to do with the money he wanted from his boss. All he said was he wanted to use it to do “different things”.
Ahmed on the other hand said that even though he was told about the plan to do something, he did not know the details of what Victor was up to.
He insisted that he was just a University of Maiduguri undergraduate who was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
According to him, he agreed to drive Victor away from the scene to help him but did not know that he had committed such a crime in the bar.
“I got to their bar on Friday, March 3. I was drinking when he came to me to ask if I could drive. I said yes, he gave me the car key and I put it in the ignition. It did not start. He had told me earlier in the day that he was planning to do something and asked if I was interested, I said yes even though I did not know what it was,” Ahmed said.
The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Police Command, Mr. Fatai Owoseni, who paraded the suspects, explained that they would be charged to court as soon as investigation into the case was concluded.

Police parade fake chemist after death of pregnant woman

Umoren, who claimed to be a chemist, was said have administered the injection following the advice of the deceased’s husband, Mr. Sunday Udofia. Parading the suspect alongside 21 other alleged criminals at the headquarters of the Cross River State Police Command in Calabar, the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Hafiz Inuwa, said that the administered injection was meant to terminate the pregnancy of the deceased.
Inuwa said the suspect had confessed to the crime and would soon be charged to the court.
He said, “On February 11, 2017, one Sunday Udofia reported at Akamkpa Police Division that a chemist identified as Godswill Umoren had, in a bid to terminate and abort the pregnancy of his wife, Uduak Udofia, administered injection which led to her death. The suspect has confessed to the offence and will soon appear in court.”
But Umoren, who is an indigene of Ikot-Ekpene in Akwa Ibom State, admitted to administering the injection despite being a qualified health worker.
He said, “I was the one that gave her the injection. Her husband called me to his house to examine his sick wife. I asked her what happened, she said that she was having body pain and they bought drugs for her. When I gave her the injection initially, she did not die.
“I am not a medical personnel, I learnt how to administer drugs and inject patients from my brother who is a doctor. I only helped her to recover.”
Similarly, the police paraded a 25-year-old female armourer, Hope Usang, who was alleged to lease arms to suspected armed robbers in Calabar.
The commissioner of police said that Usang was arrested on February 24, 2017, following a case of armed robbery involving one Paschal Bisong of Ekpeyong Effiok Street in the Calabar Municipality axis of the metropolis.
He said that after Paschal had complained to the police about the robbery attack, his men swung into action and arrested one Emmanuel Edet-Etim and Idoreyin Usa.
The commissioner explained that after thorough investigation by the police, the suspects confessed that they got the arms from Usang for the robbery.
He told newsmen that the suspects would soon be charged to court accordingly

Three escape death as storey building collapses in Rivers


Three persons escaped death when an uncompleted three-storey building collapsed on Thursday in Elakahia community, Obio/Apkor Local Government Area of Rivers State. The building, which was near completion and located around NYSC Road in Alakahia, collapsed at about 6 am, while neighbours were still asleep.
It was learnt that about three workers at the construction site were temporarily residing in the building, but it could not be ascertained at press time if they were in the building when the collapse occurred.
Although, no trace of trapped body has been found, it is believed that the occupants of the building escaped death.
A cleric, who resides opposite the collapsed building, Pastor Obinna Amefule, narrated that the sound of the fall caused panic in the area as residents trooped out in their numbers to have a view of the collapsed building.
Amefule expressed fear over the lives of the occupants of the building, wondering why they were not within sight while the crowd watched.
“We knew that the people in the building were living inside there; our fear was that they were inside when the building fell. But I don’t think anything happened to them.”
He expressed displeasure with the quality of job at the site saying, “If you look round the building, you will see that there is no pillar there. They used ordinary blocks in place of pillars. Everybody that passed here said this building would not last and it has happened.”
Another resident, who shares boundary with the collapsed building, Solomon Erim, blamed the development on quality of material used for the building.

Met Police issues mugshots of London's most wanted suspects in time for Christmas

Met Police issues mugshots of London's most wanted suspects in time for Christmas Police are hoping to catch a number of suspects...